Episode 21:21 – How To Have Your BEST Summer Ever
On this episode of the Get Healthy Alabama podcast we (Dr. George Burroughs and BetyLou Pierce) discuss things you can do to make this summer your BEST, and healthiest, ever.
(May take a few seconds to begin playing)
Episode 21:21 - How To Have Your BEST Summer Ever
We want you to have a wonderful summer… your best ever.
By learning how to live WITH nature, not in opposition to it.
Unfortunately, that’s easier said than done.
You see, we have allowed society to dictate our behaviors… behaviors that go against nature and are NOT good for our health.
Why do we go to bed so late?
Because we have been trained to.
The truth is, if you live in the United States and have a daytime job, there is no reason to go to bed after 10 o’clock.
Likewise, there is no reason to wake up after six in the morning.
Yet few people get up before then… even though watching the sunrise each morning carries with it some amazing health benefits!
Then there’s our diets… another area in which we don’t live WITH nature.
We eat foods that are not part of God’s natural design.
Processed foods that we know aren't good for us… filled with sugar and chemicals.
We should know better.
We should do better.
These two areas alone - our relationship with the sun and with food - play a huge role in our health.
In fact, almost EVERY chronic disease is connected, in some way, to our inability to live WITH nature in these two areas.
Heart Disease, Cancer, Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Obesity… the list goes on and on.
But that can change.
We can make up our minds to live WITH nature this summer.
To take these 99 days of summer to cultivate some incredible, healthy habits.
Here’s a few suggestions to get you started:
- Write one letter each week.
- Read one book a week.
- Eat some fruit every day.
- Eat vegetables every day.
- Cut out sugar, wheat, and gluten.
- Commit to taking whole food nutritional supplements.
- Wake up with the sunrise.
- Go to bed by 10 P.M.
- Keep your home dark after 8 P.M.
- Don’t eat after 7 P.M.
- Pray daily.
- Journal daily.
- Practice “Grounding” daily.
- Get a suntan (prepare for next winter).
- Watch the sunset.
- Eat from the colors of the rainbow daily.
- Go to the beach, the mountains, or hiking trails.
- Have fun. Smile. Enjoy life.
- Spend time with family and friends.
Here's the bottom line:
1) The key to good health is to live WITH nature, not in opposition to it.
2) Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.
Make this your BEST summer ever!!!
Go deeper into this episode, and all future episodes, by signing up for our daily emails.
Simply visit: GetHealthyAlabama.com
Once there, download the “Symptom Survey” and you will automatically added to our email list.
Also, if you haven’t already, we'd appreciate it if you'd subscribe to the podcast, leave a comment and give us a rating. (Thanks!!!) On Facebook?
Connect with us at Facebook.com/GetHealthyAlabama
* This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease. Please consult with your health care provider before making any health-related changes.
photo by chen-mizrach @unsplash
Sign up for our email list and...
Get the right Enzyme
“The Symptom Survey"