Episode 21:41 – The Number One Nutritional Problem In America Today
On this episode of the Get Healthy Alabama podcast we (Dr. George Burroughs and BetyLou Pierce) discuss the number one nutritional problem in America today: Sugar!
(May take a few seconds to begin playing)
Episode 21:41 The Number One Nutritional Problem In America Today
Americans, as a whole, eat far too much “junk” food.
Food that has little to no nutritional value… and contributes to a number of chronic diseases.
However, of all the “junk” food that people ingest, none is worse - or more popular - than sugar.
On this episode we take a good look at sugar:
What it is, where it comes from, why it is so damaging, and how it became so popular.
We also discuss:
- The two most common types of sugar.
- The important differences between sucrose (table sugar) and high fructose corn syrup.
- How several of the major chronic diseases that plague our country can be traced back to too much sugar.
- A simple blood test to measure the impact of fructose on the body.
- Why you shouldn’t eat fruit in the winter.
Give this episode a good listen as it is vitally important to learn the “not so sweet” truth about one of America’s favorite nutrients.
Want to learn more?
Continue the conversation regarding this episode and all future episodes by signing up for our daily emails.
Simply visit: GetHealthyAlabama.com
Once there, download the “Symptom Survey” and you will automatically added to our email list.
Also, if you haven’t already, we'd appreciate it if you'd subscribe to the podcast, leave a comment and give us a rating. (Thanks!!!)
Connect with us at Facebook.com/GetHealthyAlabama
- photo by Myriam Ziles @ unsplash
* This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease. Please consult with your health care provider before making any health-related changes.
Sign up for our email list and...
Get the right Enzyme
“The Symptom Survey"