Episode 4 – How To Get A Good Night’s Sleep
On this episode we - nutritionist BetyLou Pierce and chiropractor Dr. George Burroughs - take a look at what it takes to get a good night’s sleep.
Episode 4 - How To Get A Good Night’s Sleep
We begin by discussing the importance of getting a good night’s sleep:
- how it helps the brain cleanse itself of amyloid plaque (thought to be a leading cause of Alzheimer’s disease)
- how it helps the liver detoxify and the muscles recuperate
- how it boosts the Immune System, allowing you to resist disease
- how it strengthens EVERY system of the body
We then discuss the biggest obstacle to sleeping well: an inability to “turn off one’s brain”.
Most importantly, we provide holistic solutions for getting a good night’s sleep:
1) Physical Solutions - turning off the phone, computer and TV one hour before going to bed. Minimizing the amount of “blue” light in the evenings. Testing pillows and beds for optimal comfort.
2) Emotional Solutions - before going to bed, spend time in prayer or meditation. Write in a journal. Process emotions from the day… let go of any negative ones. Forgive self and others.
3) Nutritional Solutions - think twice before taking Melatonin. Avoid heavy meals in the evening. Take a mineral supplement after your last meal. Consider valerian root, passion flower (herbs) and lavender (essential oil).
A few other tips revealed in this episode:
If you wake up in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep, consider taking a spoonful of local honey before going to bed.
If you suffer with bad dreams or nightmares, examine your diet for potential food sensitivities. For example, some people state that consuming dairy late in the evening causes them to have “bad” dreams.
*** To learn more about the Physical, Nutritional, and Emotional factors of health, download a free copy of our ebook: 3 Causes Of All Disease at http://www.GetHealthyAlabama.com
Photo by Kinga Cichewicz on Unsplash